OK, then. This is one of my favorite ways to consume a bit of chocolate. If you get it just right your taste buds will be writing sonnets in your name.
What you need:
- A mouth-full sized piece of high quality creamy milk chocolate
- Some good, strong, reasonably hot espresso
That’s all. The key to this is in the quality of your simple ingredients and in the way you combine them (sounds kind of like the secret to fine Italian cooking, doesn’t it?).
Here are the simple steps on the stairway to taste heaven:
- Put a piece of the chocolate in your mouth, but don’t eat it yet.
- Place the choco along the roof of your mouth. Maybe give it a little press with your tongue so it stays there.
- Take a fair sized sip of the espresso, but don’t swallow it right away.
- Allow the coffee to melt some of the chocolate.
- Feel the creamy, rich, melted chocolate flow across your tongue.
- As the melted chocolate mingles with the espresso, experience the exquisite combination of flavors.
- Repeat as necessary.
Please give it a try. If you have an opinion on this or if you have any chocolate tricks of your own that you’d like to share, the comment section awaits you.